Patha - A savoury, spicy and slightly tangy patty, made from Madumbi (Yam) leaves and sandwiched between two layers of flaky puff pastry. A favourite amongst vegetarians and non-vegetarians.
Only for Oven Bake
1. Preheat oven to 180 Degrees
2. Use oven tray coated with non-stick coating
3. Bake for roughly 15 minutes, until pastry puffs and golden brown
4. Turn pies over to check if base has fully cooked. If pastry still appears raw, flip on oven tray.
5. Bake for an additional 5 minutes
7. Serve immediately
8. Left over pies can be refrigerated and heated in oven again the next day.