A mutton mince samoosa (samosa) is a classic and fan favourite. especially in South Africa. We have thrown it back to the 80's with this recipe. We thought it best to leave this to being traditional, 100 % mutton mince with farm fresh greens. No puffing here.
Samoosas are by nature very delicate so please follow preparation method carefully.
1. Bring oil to medium heat (not too hot otherwise you risk scorching the product on the outside, with the inside still frozen. You'de rather start frying in colder oil and gradually bring the heat the heat up.
2. From frozen, add samoosas to oil. Be cautious here as the oil may splash back given the temperature difference between the oil and samoosa.
3. Make sure samoosas are fully submerged in oil to ensure even cooking.
4. Allow to fry until samoosas are golden brown and crisp. Never leave unattended
5. Drain samoosas on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
6. Serve immediately
7. Left over samoosas will soften and can be reheated using an oven. leave in oven until crisp again. Keep checking, never leave them unattended.
8. You may air fry samoosas and even oven bake for a healthier option.